Physicians, nutritionists and other health authorities all agree on one thing – getting enough water every day is important for your overall health. Healthy people meet their fluid needs by drinking when thirsty and drinking with meals. Most of your body’s fluid needs are met through the water and beverages you drink, broth and soups as well as foods with high water content such as celery, tomatoes, or melons.
Water helps your body by:
- Keeping your temperature regulated
- Lubricating and cushioning your joints
- Protecting your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Eliminating wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements
You need to increase your water intake when you are:
- In hot climates
- More physically active
- Running a fever
- Having diarrhea or vomiting
If you believe you are not drinking enough water throughout the day, these tips may help:
- Carry a water bottle for easy access when you are at work or running errands.
- Freeze safe water bottles and take one with you for ice-cold water all day long.
- Choose water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages to quench your thirst.
- Choose water when eating out.
- Add a wedge of lime or lemon to improve the taste of your water so you’ll drink more.
- Use a water-treatment system to remove bacteria and contaminants from your home’s water so you’ll enjoy staying hydrated.
Sci-Chem, LLC’s staff is trained to perform a comprehensive water test to ensure, clarity, purity and overall safety in your home or business water supply. Our concerns for safety, our environment, our customers, and continuous improvement of our products and services are unequaled in the market place today.
From superior analysis of your water to excellence in installation and customer service, you’ll find your experience with Sci-Chem to be the finest in the industry. Call 407.301.4655 today for your free water analysis.