If you have had your water softener system in your home for awhile and suspect the system is not performing as intended, it may be time to have it inspected and serviced by a professional. It is important to keep in mind that not all water softeners and conditioners are created equal. Less expensive softeners can wear out more quickly, need to be serviced frequently and replaced earlier. Some of the signs that it may be time to service your system include:
- Observe Hard Water Spots. Can you see hard water spots or scale and mineral buildup on your dishes and plumbing, you should have your system inspected to ensure it’s functioning property and the settings are correct.
- Water Doesn’t Feel Soft: Is your hair dry? Does your skin feel dry or itchy after a shower? Do you find it difficult to get a good lather from your soaps and detergents and you’ve checked to see if you have plenty of salt in your tank? This could be a sign that your system has stopped functioning and needs servicing.
- Change in Water Pressure. Have you noticed a reduction in the water pressure and flow from your home’s plumbing? There could be scale build up forming in your pipes that is reducing your water pressure.
- Change in Water Quality: Do you see staining in your sinks and tubs or does your water taste bad?
- Laundry Is Not Clean. Do you find it necessary to use more detergent to get your laundry clean or have you noticed that your laundry is grayish in color and your towels are stiff and scratchy?
Sci-Chem Water Treatment recommends that you have your water softener inspected at least once a year to ensure the system is functioning properly and that all of the settings are set for optimum performance. We can also conduct a free water analysis to test for impurities and harmful bacteria in your water. Sci-Chem Water Treatment is a full service water conditioning system provider that installs, maintains and repairs most any water treatment system in Central Florida. Call Sci-Chem today for all of your water softening needs (407) 301-4655.