It has been widely studied and proved that children who drink water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages are at a lower risk of being overweight and have less dental cavities and tooth decay. However, getting your kids to drink water can often be a challenge. Here are a few strategies to cut down on the soft drinks and increase their water intake.
- Serve water instead of soft drinks or juice at meals and with snacks so that your child gets accustomed to drinking water. It also aids in food digestion.
- Purchase a cool and trendy reusable water bottle that your child can take to school.
- Limit soft drinks in your home to help your child make the right choice by drinking water. You can permit your child to drink an occasional soft drink outside the home as a treat but limit the occasions whenever possible.
- Infuse water with fresh fruit when your child wants a beverage with flavor.
- Ensure your drinking water is the purest tasting water by having your water tested for contaminants.
Sci-Chem is a full service water conditioning system provider and can install, maintain and repair most any water conditioning system.